Limited Warranty Period
- The limited warranty period is for 1 year in addition to existing warranty, and can only be applied to products purchased from http://www.sciener.my/and installed in Malaysia.
- The warranty period commences from the day after the existing warranty ends, unless otherwise stated. During the warranty period, Sciener Malaysia will provide without charge the costs of replacement parts necessary to repair or replace the product specified in the original invoice due to defects or manufacturing faults subject to the terms and conditions stated in this document. Labor, transport, locksmith service, and other miscellaneous fees incurred will not be covered.
- The product under warranty shall include the product in its original design and specifications.
- Warranty is only eligible for locks purchased from Sciener Malaysia online store. For locks purchased elsewhere, kindly contact your seller for warranty claims. This includes reseller and/or distributors in Malaysia and in other countries.
- Warranty is only eligible with the following documents (i) original invoice, (ii) proof of defect via video, (iii) proof of ownership. Warranty will not be claimable should any of the above not be furnished.
- Service will only be available during a technician’s operating hours.
- If the product requires repair or replacement in part or in full, Sciener Malaysia reserves the right to replace or exchange the part or unit with an equivalent part or unit that is new or refurbished. Sciener will retain the replaced or exchanged part or unit as our property, and the replacement or exchanged part or unit will become the owner’s property. The replaced or exchanged part will continue to be under warranty for the rest of the unit’s remaining warranty period.
- Sciener Malaysia reserves the right to vary, modify, or change the terms and conditions herein due to change(s) in availability of services, products, and/or spare parts or for the purposes of complying with applicable policies, rules, regulations and law, with or without notice.
Limitations of coverage
This warranty does not cover all of the below:
- Any product that is not purchased from http:http://www.sciener.my/
- Any product that is purchased from resellers or distributors
- Any product that is installed outside of Malaysia
- Any consumables, non-functional parts, or accessories that are used in conjunction with the product.
- Any cosmetic damage in products including, but not limited to, scratches or dents that do not affect product functionality
- Any losses or damages arising from delays, loss of use, incorrect usage of product, etc
- Any issues with using the full features of the lock due to incompatible devices
- Any issues with using the full features of the lock due to modifications to the device, including, but not limited to, ‘rooting’ or ‘jailbreaking’ your device or installing certain applications to your phone that significantly alters your device’s functionality
- Any issues due to installation service provided by partner installer
- Sciener Malaysia reserves the right to decline service to an obsolete model, or a product deemed unserviceable or replaceable for any reason.
- Damage, fault, or failure due to alteration or repairs made by anyone other than our authorised installer, or the use of supplies and accessories other than those provided by Sciener Malaysia
- Damage, fault, or failure due to causes beyond our control, including, but not limited to: repairs necessary due to operator negligence, improper installation, damage caused by spillage of foods/liquids, wrong usage of electrical supply and voltage, wrong battery type, abnormal voltage, excessive heat, dust, corrosive surroundings, chemical reaction, failure to maintain the Product, failure to operate or use the Product according to instructions, accident, mishandling, misuse, tampering, vandalism, theft, fire, lightning, flood, wind, freezing, power failure, static, normal wear and tear, pests, vermin, foreign matter entering the Product, inadequate or excess power supply, unusual atmospheric conditions, or acts of war or acts of God.
- Damage, fault or failure resulting from software, virus(es), electrical wiring and connections, user facilitated minor adjustments and settings, external antenna or local reception problems, structural problems of the owner’s premises, inaccessible Products or parts, negligence, misuse, tampering or abuse, whether wilful or not.
- Damage, fault or failure due to improper transportation, inappropriate storage conditions or materials, improper ventilation, reconfiguration of the Product, movement of the Product.
- Damage, fault or failure due to or arising out of, transit or delivery, packing, unpacking, assembly, installation, routine maintenance, dismantling, relocation or removal.
- Non failure problems that do not require parts and intermittent issues, including without limitations, reception and/or incompatibility issues, demonstration, training, reminders, adjustments, set-up, installations, battery change, replenishing of consumables, short circuit, routine maintenance and servicing, periodic checkups, cleaning, checking of improper operation or incorrect use. We will not pay for adjustments or repairs required because of conditions at Your location or specific to You.
- Any utilization of Product that is inconsistent with either the design of the Product or the way the manufacturer intended the Product to be used. Any installation and/or modifications that prevents normal service. Any and all cases in which a reasonable manufacturer of such a product would not honour the warranty of the Product.
- Normal wear and tear and cosmetic damage such as, but not limited to corrosion, scratches, dents, rust, stains. Non-functional parts such as, but not limited to, plastics and finishes. Expendable or lost items, such as, but not limited to cables, battery covers, key covers, and keys.
- Consumables. Consumables are defined as any part or component of an expendable nature and/or any item that is designed to be consumed (wear out) during the life of the Product, regardless if it is consumer replaceable or not and whether such consumables originate from Sciener Malaysia or not.
- Consequential losses and/or damages as a result of malfunctioning of, damage to, failure of an operating part of the covered Product, or damages, fault or failure as a result of any repairs or replacements under this warranty. Damages, fault or failure caused by delays in rendering of Sciener services or loss of use during servicing or otherwise awaiting parts are not covered.
- Damages, fault, failure, imperfections, caused by abuse, tampering, illegal use, negligence, prolonged use or operation.
- Products that are leased, rented, used exceeding normal limits, used continuously and/or subject to abuse, unreasonable, abnormal or extreme operations.
Costs of service
- The costs of service, including, but not limited to, labor, locksmith service, and transport shall not be covered by sciener Malaysia.
- Sciener Malaysia reserves the right to charge the owner for any reasonable and applicable costs and expenses (at prevailing rates) relating to or arising out of the repair or replacement that are outside the cover of limited warranty.